Become a Member
Attending a “Getting to Know UUCT” session is a great way to ask questions and learn more about our congregation and Unitarian Universalism.
When new members join the congregation, all members recite the covenant with them:
As members of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Tallahassee, we agree to support each other’s search for truth and meaning.
- We will nurture each other, this community, and our hopes for a better world.
- We will encourage each other to live ethically.
- We will reach out to all, expanding our circle of caring.
- We will help each other identify, develop and apply our gifts.
- We will be faithful stewards, giving time, energy and money.
- This we do covenant and thus may it be.
To become a member:
- You must be at least 16 years old and in sympathy with the church’s mission, purposes and programs.
- Make a “recorded” financial contribution or pledge, identified as being from you (if this is a hardship please speak to someone in Membership so that it is not a barrier for you).
- Sign the Membership Book.
- Participate in the life of the congregation.
- When possible, serve on a committee, volunteer to help with special projects, and offer your special skills and knowledge where needed.
Membership is open to all persons regardless of race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or socioeconomic status.
Each person’s perspective on faith and life is respected; and, we seek to offer each other active acceptance of our differences.
To learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org., or call the UUCT office at (850) 385-5115.