To provide childcare on Sunday mornings during the service and as needed for other church-sponsored activities and events; to provide administrative assistance for the childcare program by scheduling childcare services when needed for UUCT events and activities.
Although some seasons/weeks may require more or less work, over the year, this position will average 4-8 hours per week with occasional opportunities for additional hours..
Statement of Accountability:
The Chief Childcare Provider is supervised by the Director of Religious
Exploration (DRE) and is accountable to the Executive Board through the Vice
President for Religious Exploration.
Job Classification: This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Plan the schedule for staff and volunteers who work during Sunday services and for other UUCT events and activities where childcare services are needed.
- Discuss with DRE any supervisory or special training needs of childcare staff and volunteers.
- Train volunteers in childcare procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain attendance and information records of children in nursery care during Sunday services.
- Provide quality childcare in accordance with the congregation’s Safety Policies and Procedures for children ages birth to 3 years old during church services and during other church-sponsored activities and events which may require childcare for children up to 12 years of age.
- Provide playground supervision for children under childcare.
- Offer safe and age-appropriate activities and play situations.
- Observe and report to the DRE on conditions of nursery, toys, and playground equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- A love of children!
- Knowledge of developmental abilities and age-appropriate activities for children ages 0 – 12 years.
- Experience with children (including diapering and feeding).
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate and reliable schedules and reports for the childcare program.
- A criminal background check.
- Willingness to obtain Infant/Child CPR certification.
Salary: As specified each fiscal year in the church budget. A new employee may start at a lower rate than the budget indicates, depending on skills and experience. Employee’s shares of Federal employment taxes are deducted from paychecks. Childcare positions start at $15 per hour. Childcare staff are paid on the 15th and the last day of the month.
Benefits: This is a part-time position that does not include benefits other than workers’ compensation insurance.
Past UUCT childcare staff are welcome to apply, but are not guaranteed a position. All applicants will receive an email response about their application. If you do not hear from us in two weeks, please follow up via email. In compliance with UUCT’s Safety Policy, applicants must be age 18+ and hire will be contingent on a clear background check, run at UUCT’s expense.