Community Connections Committee
Are you interested in helping decide what community events UUCT could host this year? The UUCT Community Connections Committee helps foster a spirit of community among members, supporting friends, and interested visitors by supporting and encouraging participation in community connection events—social and cultural activities, programs, and events that appeal to a diverse and inclusive audience both within our church and beyond and that help establish bonds of friendship, respect, and mutual support.
Sounds like fun, right?
The Committee can:
- Arrange or sponsor events such as dinners, game nights, coffee houses, concerts, dances, etc. that build our church community and fellowship and enrich the lives of those who participate.
- Encourage and nurture the development of the artistic, literary, poetic, musical, and performing arts gifts of participants through opportunities to share those gifts in loving, supportive, fun, and relaxed fellowship.
- Seek out performers from beyond our congregation (outside performers) who can provide fresh, inspiring, and culturally diverse fine arts and performing arts experiences to our congregation and the community at large.
This is a great Committee to join!
The following activities are ongoing:
- Kearney Center meal service
- Second Sunday Potluck
- Dinners for Eight (Fall and Spring)
A few events that need designated dates (and willing volunteers):
- Talent Share, Karaoke and Family Craft Night (TBD)
- Free, Beg, Barter or Buy Mini-Market (TBD)
- Winter Fest (TBD)
Other ideas to consider:
- Ice cream social (or Halo-halo… my favorite)
- Taffy pull/Game nights
- Picnics at a park
- Local trips/shows
- Longest Table type event with Temple Israel – Potluck
- Longest Table type event with a South side church/community – Potluck
- Wakulla Springs boat ride and picnic
- Beach trip (Yes, please…)
- Community Concerts (Who, When? Let’s make some plans!)
- Other ideas? Send an email!
Email Bonnie Abellera if you would like to participate on the Committee. We will meet sometime in August after everyone is back from vacation. Leonpta1@yahoo.com.