Each year, our Social Justice Committee selects a few charitable organizations, based on your input, to receive donations from our congregation. UUCT does this by sharing one-half of the money collected in the baskets each Sunday.
For a listing of this year’s current Share the Plate Recipients, click below.
A “Share-The-Plate” recipient requires at least one UUCT Member Sponsor or Supporting Friend Sponsor. Responsibilities include:
- being a Point of Contact (POC) speaking, providing information, and answering questions about the recipient organization at Sunday services and at other UUCT events and activities;
- writing narrative about the recipient organization of varying lengths for multiple purposes, which may include Sunday Order of Service, The Meridian newsletter, and email notifications.
- Complete the Application* for UUCT “Share-The-Plate” Collection for the current fiscal year to confirm UUCT Member Sponsor:
- Share the Plate Application Hard Copy for Printing (hard copy to print and submit)
- Online Share the Plate Nomination Form
If selected, the organization will share in congregational collections during each fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Please indicate if the organization has any preferred month and briefly the reason.
The proposed Share the Plate calendar is announced to the congregation in April and voted on at the May Congregational Meeting.
Deborah Holt can be contacted via email at Deborah.email@example.com if you have questions with the application process.