When new members join the congregation, all members recite the covenant with them:
As members of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Tallahassee,
we agree to support each other’s search for truth and meaning.
We will nurture each other, this community, and our hopes for a better world.
We will encourage each other to live ethically.
We will reach out to all, expanding our circle of caring.
We will help each other identify, develop and apply our gifts.
We will be faithful stewards, giving time, energy and money.
This we do covenant and thus may it be.
To become a member, you must:
▪ Be at least 16 years old and in sympathy with the church’s mission, purposes and programs.
▪ Make a “recorded” financial contribution or pledge, identified as being from you.
▪ Sign the Membership Book.
▪ Participate in the life of the congregation.
▪ When possible, serve on a committee, volunteer to help with special projects, and offer your special skills and knowledge where needed.
Membership is open to all persons regardless of race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Each person’s perspective on faith and life is respected; and, we seek to offer each other active acceptance of our differences.
For more information on what membership might mean to you, contact the UUCT office at (850) 385-5115 or via email. For email inquires please put “Membership” in the subject line.