All adults in the congregation can sign up to participate in the groups listed below. In these small groups, members and friends with similar interests and concerns can share common experiences, dreams and obstacles.
Each group has a volunteer convener who organizes meetings and outings, with the assistance of others in the group. The link for each group takes you to a sign-up sheet where you can add your contact information to the existing list of participants. The convener will make sure you receive notices of upcoming events for the group.
- People of Color Meetup: Contact Anna Bethea, or the UUCT office (Meets every 4th Sunday at 9:30 am in Rm C.). Members, friends, and visitors of color at UUCT are welcome to our monthly meetup! We will be deepening our relationships with each other, Unitarian Universalism, and our congregation through sharing spiritual practices and stories of showing up with our whole selves.
- Mindfulness & Meditation, Contact Rod Oldenburg or the UUCT office (Meets every Sunday 12:30 – 1:30 pm in Rm C.) Each Mindfulness & Meditation group meeting combines meditation (guided or silent), a mindfulness presentation, and a group discussion. We are welcoming of wisdom from secular sources and religious tradition alike.
- Dandelion Pagan Collective, Contact Rei Myers, Sarah Rose, or the UUCT office (Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday 4:30 – 6:00 pm in Rm L.). ** Upcoming Date and Location Change: Will be meeting in the Sanctuary on the 1st and 3rd Sunday as of November 4th.** Join us to discuss how UU principles of community, diversity and ecological stewardship go hand in hand with open and accepting paganism. Dandelion Pagan Collective is an intersectional, open, and accepting group about Paganism, Wicca, Witchcraft, Shamanism, and other related paths for people in and around Tallahassee, Florida. Our meetings include discussion, workshops, presentations, rituals, and community building. We are open and accepting of all people regardless of their race, gender, age, culture, or ability.
- Emergent Strategy Discussion: Contact Anna Bethea, or the UUCT office (Meets every 3rd Thursday at 7:00 pm in Rm 3.). As our congregation moves through transitions, builds relationships for the work of social justice in the community, and commits to an intentionally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, multicultural beloved community, we face many challenges for “how to do the work” and stay in right relation with each other. We invite you to read the book Emergent Strategy by writer and pleasure activist adrienne maree brown (or review online summaries) as time permits, but definitely don’t let that hold you back from joining the discussion. We’ll unpack the rich wisdom of incorporating an emergent, adaptive, and growth mindset into our personal lives, how we relate to each other as a congregation, and how we can leverage these values in our work for justice in the wider world.
- Young Adults Meet-up (YAM), Every last Tuesday of the month, 6:30-8:30 pm, locations vary. Are you an adult between the ages of 18 and late 30’s? Come join us for various gatherings and excursions as we aim to connect, get to know each other, and encourage diversity and engagement in our congregation. Contact Kathryn Myers.
- Men’s Lunch Group, Dick Leinberry: bit.ly/menslunch (Meets every other Wednesday at 11:30 am at various locations announced via a group email) An open group of men who want to enjoy each other’s fellowship.
- Women’s Lunch Bunch, Linda Oaksford: bit.ly/uuctlunchbunch (Meets the second Wednesday of each month from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at Uptown Cafe on Miccosukee Rd.) An open and supportive group of women who share similar values, with the goal of getting to know each other better.
- Old Sages Breakfast/Brunch Club, The Old Sages Breakfast Club is now the Old Sages Breakfast/Brunch Club! The group meets on Fridays over good food & fellowship. The meeting times now alternate between 9:30 am (breakfast at Midtown Whataburger on Thomasville Road) and 11:30 am (Brunch spots around town). Open to all, UUs and non-UUs alike. We talk informally about whatever is on our mind and debate topics of interest. Contact Will Adkins for weekly email announcements .
- Pickin’ & Singin’, Contact Howard Pardue or the UUCT office. Meets once a month to share tunes and songs. Not a gathering for performance but instead a safe place to share what you know, learn from the music of others, and enjoy friendship.