Children and Youth
MakerSpace Could Use Your Help This Summer
Contact: Helen Rose, Director for Religious Exploration
We need people to help with the school age children faith development activities during Sunday services. This is a great opportunity to be a positive adult role model for our UU kids. Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated!
MakerSpace is a fun option for the UUCT youth that is offered on Sundays during the summer. Children leave the service during the Children’s Recessional and then join the Makers, Guides, and Helpers in Room L for activities. It gives them the opportunity to craft, play, and enjoy their time here.
There is a sign up form for MakerSpace during the Summer. Do you knit, paint, craft, or have an activity that you would like to share? If so, please sign up! Those of you who would like to lead crafts and/or activities can sign up as a “Maker.” There is also plenty of room for both Guides and Helpers!
If you are unsure what is involved, can help but only on a limited basis, or have any other questions feel free to contact Helen Rose, Director of Religious Exploration.
RE Volunteer Survey
Classes and Curriculum
Register your child to participate in a UUCT Religious Exploration activity by completing either a paper copy of the 2019 RE Registration Form (return to RE Guide) or online at https://forms.gle/NFRPF9CRSTUKt34P8.
We provide a wide array of religious exploration programs designed for infant through high school ages, intended to help our children and youth:
- Become familiar with world religions, faith traditions, and non-faith philosophies, including Unitarian Universalist
- Develop skills for self-care, as well as building healthy relationships with others
- Carry out social and ecological justice projects which connect us to our community and the wider world
- Develop spiritual practices which allow us to reflect and make thoughtful decisions on living an ethical life
We do this through:
- Religious Exploration classes and programs during the Sunday morning service for pre-kindergarten through middle school
- Nursery Care from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM for ages 5 and under
- TRYBE youth group meetings from 12:30 – 2:30 PM on 2nd and 4th Sundays, for ages 12 – 20
- Our Whole Lives (OWL) sexuality education for K-1st, 4-6th, 7-9th, and 10-12th grades
- Spiral Scouts co-ed scouting program in Room L
- usually on the 2nd and 4th Sundays at 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- Check our online calendar for any changes in dates, times, or locations.
Each Sunday morning during the 11:00 worship service, there will be offerings for our children and youth in the Religious Exploration program. On at least two Sundays of the month, the children will separate by age for the Faith Development classes from the Tapestry of Faith curricula. On Faith in Action Sundays, we may have a a social justice project, or a special activity for all ages. On select, special Sundays, we will be together in the sanctuary for multigenerational services.
All programs are staffed by background-screened staff and volunteers who are familiar with our safety policy.
For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Unitarian Universalist Principles in Children’s Language:
1. We believe that each and every person is important.
2. We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
3. We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
4. We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
5. We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
6. We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
7. We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.