Children and Youth
Classes and Curriculum
• Become familiar with world religions, faith traditions, and non-faith philosophies, including Unitarian Universalism
• Develop skills for self-care, as well as building healthy relationships with others
• Carry out social and ecological justice projects which connect us to our community and the wider world
• Develop spiritual practices which allow us to reflect and make thoughtful decisions on living an ethical life
We do this through:
• Religious Exploration classes and programs during the Sunday morning service for pre-kindergarten through middle school
• Nursery Care from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM for ages 5 and under
• TRYBE youth group meetings from 12:30 – 2:30 PM on 2nd and 4th Sundays, for ages 12 – 20
• Our Whole Lives (OWL) sexuality education for K-1st, 4-6th, 7-9th, and 10-12th grades
Each Sunday morning during the 11:00 worship service, there will be offerings for our children and youth in the Religious Exploration program. On at least two Sundays of the month, the children will separate by age for the Faith Development classes from the Tapestry of Faith curricula. On Faith in Action Sundays, we may have a a social justice project, or a special activity for all ages. On select, special Sundays, we will be together in the sanctuary for multigenerational services.
Faith Development classes:
Love Surrounds Us (K-1st grades): https://www.uua.org/re/
Faithful Journeys (2nd-4th grades): https://www.uua.org/re/
Amazing Grace (5th-8th grades): https://www.uua.org/re/
Please check our list of volunteer opportunities to see if any of your gifts may be a match for making our ministry shine : re-volunteers-areas-of-need
All programs are staffed by background-screened staff and volunteers who are familiar with our safety policy.
For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Unitarian Universalist Principles in Children’s Language:
1. We believe that each and every person is important.
2. We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
3. We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
4. We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
5. We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
6. We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
7. We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.